Gimingham and The Village Hall
The Village Hall is used for many local events and is also available for hire for private events. It is a short stroll from Gimingham Church making it ideal as a reception for weddings and other events. The hall looks out over fields and being built of brick and flint suits its rural position perfectly. The main hall has a beautiful wooden floor and retains a lovely 'retro' atmosphere. More practically it also has toilet and catering facilities as well as holding a licence for playing music.
History (By Kind permission of Norfolk Rural Council)
Gimingham Village Hall was built in 1896 by Sir Thomas Fowell Buxton (Bart.) at a cost of about £200. It was used by the C of E Men's Society and by the Methodists for Services. In the early 1930's the hall was given by his son Rodney Buxton to the Church as Trustee for the village. In 1976 it was sold to the Parish Council for a nominal sum of £5, in trust for the village. It is now run by a committee of people that live in the village itself.
Following a successful grant application to North Norfolk District Council for £5000 and with the Village Hall providing £3000 from its funds we were able to do the following
Fundraising for the hall is registered as a charity, No 272960